Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Lucy Truman Illustration via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided within the General Data Protection Regulation which forms part of the Data Protection Act 2018;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Lucy Truman Illustration,
Lucy Truman, trading as Lucy Truman Illustration of 89 Main Road, Smalley, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 6JS;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Lucy Truman Illustration and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Lucy Truman Illustration and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.lucytruman.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
e. Operating system (automatically collected);
Lucy Truman, Trading as Lucy Truman Illustration, collects information relating to points ‘c’, ‘d’ and ‘e’ for website administration. This is statistical data about the users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
f. Details of purchases you make on the website;
g. Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of registering with the Company, ordering products, posting material or requesting information or further services. The Company may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by the Company and if you report a problem with the Website;
h. If you contact Lucy Truman, trading as Lucy Truman Illustration, then we may keep a record of that correspondence;
i. Details of your visits to the website, including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, Lucy Truman Illustration is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products/services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you (here you will be given the option to unsubscribe to our communications or are free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be unsubscribed);
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
e. to provide you with access to parts of the website;
f. to allow you to purchase goods on the website;
g. to collect payment from you;
h. to contact you about your orders and requests;
Third party websites and services
10. Lucy Truman Illustration may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Lucy Truman Illustration (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.00.
Our website is hosted by Skylight Media. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Skylight Media’s data storage and databases. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
21. Data security is of great importance to Lucy Truman Illustration and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Sage Pay (our payment gateway provider) store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Sage Pay’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. A cookie is a file sent by the website to your computer, and used by the website to identify you, to improve the Website and to deliver a personalised service.
28. By accessing this website you are giving your consent to the placing of non-intrusive Cookies. This in turn is enabling Lucy Truman Illustration to provide a better experience and service to you.
29. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
30. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
31. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
32. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact Lucy Truman Illustration by email at email@example.com.
01 June 2018